Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hapy New Year!!!

Hahahahahhaahahahahahahhahahahahahaha! You're so 2008.

Sorry about that. It's late and I'm delirious.

Anyway,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We celebrated the coming of the New Year by heading to Raffles City and having a nice dinner at a fusion type restaurant there, ending with a warm chocolate cake covered in fresh vanilla ice cream and strawberries. Yum. Then we walked all around the Raffles/Marina Bay area exploring and trying to find the right spot to see the fireworks over Marina Bay. David and I love fireworks, which is one reason why we got married the day before the 4th of July. Otherwise known as the 3rd of July. Hahahaha. I digress. We were reminded that even though there were 10s of thousands of people out celebrating near us, this is nowhere near as important as the Chinese New Year, which occurs later this month. There will be fireworks then as well, and 2 days off of work!

Here's a video that I took of the fireworks with our digital camera. Hopefully I will embed this correctly. :)



Comment and tell us what you are doing to celebrate the coming of the new, and hopefully more prosperous year!

4 comments:

  1. Your Dad and I have been alternately watching a football bowl game and LSU is winning big.(Darn it). Also watching OKC's Thunder playing basketball. Thunder is behind as usual. They have only won 3 games this year. Your Dad has cleaned out about 10 of our old cell phones so they can be donated. He is using an older one of mine until he gets another one. His phone only works part time, and cuts off when talking to people. It definitely has a mind of its own. The fireworks were nice, and I wish you two a very Happy New Year too. Love you, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jacque' thanks for posting the updates. I love your new apartment. The view is awesome! Sounds like you are settling in, so that is great. Hopefully the rest of your stuff has arrived by now. I had a quiet (but cold!!) Holiday with my family in Virginia. It was nice. Take care, Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey - you need to update us on Miss Mollie. I heard she got there OK, but how's she doing now?

    Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine you guys are quite busy so I won't be too harsh on your lack of posts lately. :) I hope all is well with you two! I love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete