Thursday, December 25, 2008

New Place

Yeah yeah I know you haven't heard from us. Cut us some slack would ya? We have been very busy getting settled, working, trying to get Molly flown out here, and working with my parents on getting our house repaired from the hurricane damage in Houston. The days aren't any longer here in Singapore people! I am glad that we have a feature on our mobile phone plan that allows us to call the US on our normal minutes with no extra charges. That's right, I said mobile phone. Would you rather I call it a handphone? I didn't think so.

Anyway, the big news is that we have officially moved into our new and permanent place. We actually signed the lease Dec 13, but as we do not have all our stuff from the US yet including our bed, we opted to continue staying at the serviced apartment with a real bed and everything. But, the lease ran out on that place so we finalized the move to our new apartment yesterday, on Christmas Eve. We are so excited. It is a really nice place near to the Novena MRT in the area of Newton. There is a shopping center downstairs, then that place connects to another shopping center across the street via an underground tunnel that takes us to the Novena MRT, where I will catch the train every morning on my way to work.

Below are a ton of photos of our apartment that we took as we moved a few things in last week.

Front Door/Entryway with Shoe and Storage Cabinets

Living Room with Balcony Behind

Dining Room

Kitchen

Yard (And you didn't think we'd have a yard here)

Panic Room (Where I go to escape David)

Kitchen View

Hallway with Bedrooms on Left and Master at End

Office

Guest Bathroom

Master Bedroom

Master View

Pool from Master Balcony

Master Bathroom

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are great. We all still need more input. How about the pictures from Orchard Street Chreismas Day.

    OK Wacque' quit hogging the blog and let David post his experiences oh ya I mean make David post.

    This is like waiting on the next episode of LOST. Are you lost in Singapore?

    I hope you are both going to have great adventures for us all while you are there.

    Love ((Mike) (Dad) Daddio)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey wacko Jacko and David,
    You're doing very well on the posting, so far you seem to have embedded everything perfectly :)
    I just wanted to drop a line and say hey and I hope you guys have a great time over there!
    I'll definitely be checking in to see what new and exciting adventures you encounter.
    I love you and miss you!
    All the best,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete