Sunday, November 30, 2008

David Arrives!!

Hey all! Sorry for not having any new posts for a while, I'll try to update more often. Now I have a lot of stories, photos and other things to share all waiting on me...

The best news is that David is finally here! He arrived Tuesday night at 12:30 am. Ok Wednesday morning - but pay attention to the story!

Here's him coming out of baggage claim - He looks tired, but he's my hubby and he's here!!

We checked into a new "serviced apartment" coming back from the airport. This one is recommended by David's company, and is much nicer than the one I've been staying in. David laughed when he saw my place the next day, and made me sad. The place we are staying in is 1 MRT stop north of the main shopping area of Orchard. Speaking of the MRT, here is a link to a good map of Singapore with the MRT lines and stops shown. The place we are in is right next to the Newton stop on the red (North-South) line, 4 stops from the south end of the line. The Orchard stop is on Orchard Road, which has the most shopping I've ever seen in my life. It is entirely dangerous.

The next day we spent the whole day running errands and making David legal. We went to the Ministry of Manpower. No Harry Potter fans, it's not like the Ministry of Magic. To be honest, in my head it is like the Ministry of Magic. Oh I wish. Anyway, we drop off all of David's identification then we have to leave and come back in 3 hours. David was a little bit nervous about the situation what with all the no way to prove his identity. I mean he could have been an illegal alien. Wouldn't that be funny for him to be deported from Singapore? He didn't think so, and he got pretty mad at me for talking about it. Are you surprised? Anyway, we came back at the scheduled time and POOF, there was his Employment Pass, also known as his green card. It was kind of like magic. It was!

Then I drove us down to the checkpoint for Jurong Island, which is where the plant is that he is working. They require a separate pass for entry onto the island and have some pretty hefty security, mostly starting up after 9/11. We got that all set up, which is good since David had to go to work the next day. Luckily, a guy from his work offered to drive him in on the first day.

Well I've got more to say, as always, but need to get to sleep pretty soon. I'll update again soon with some pictures of the amazing Christmas decorations here!

3 comments:

  1. HELLO. you now have two official internet stalkers in me and jonathan. hope everything is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys,

    Looking for MORE PICTURES! Show us what life is like in paradise.
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Dad's comment. I'm going through Dave, Jacque, and MoMo withdrawl!
    Love,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete