Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Out and About in Singapore

I've been going through our pictures, trying to pick out ones to post on the blog that are a)clear, b)informative, c)interesting. I've found out that we are really, really bad photographers. I mean epically bad. Wow. I'm embarrassed. A friend of mine told me about this online photography class I can take for $75. I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up tomorrow. Anyway, since you guys are all our friends and family and you pretty much have to love us, I will go ahead and share some more pics with you. No negative comments though, our egos are fragile right now.

Anyway, we've taken these pics while out and about in Singapore. We were talking the other day and we figured out that many of you may think that we're living in a hut in the middle of a jungle or something. If this is true, I blame us for not blogging more, and I blame you for not looking up Singapore on wikipedia. Shame on us all.

Here go the pics!

Majulah Singapura (Onward Singapore!)


The CBD (Central Business District) at Night
Took this pic at Beerfest 2009. We had a terrible, hot, and expensive time, but we got to hear some awful polka music that totally made up for it!


The Singapore Flyer
Largest ferris wheel in the world. (We haven't been on it yet. It's really tall and scary, and some people got stuck on it for 4 hours at Christmastime.)


Buildings on Orchard Rd. as seen across the President's golf course
Orchard Rd. is the famous shopping area in central Singapore.


While we're talking about the President, here's his house. I mean our house. Ah I messed that one up. Anyway he doesn't really live here but entertains and works here.


Gardens at the President's House
Gardens, with CBD behind, with the Singapore Flyer in the distance. This place is pretty small!


The next 2 pics were taken from a skygarden of one of our friend's buidings.

Random Skyline Pic in Southwest Singapore


Industrial Southwest Singapore
In the distance on the right is Jurong Island, where David works. There are a lot of chemical plants and refineries there. Up close is the Jurong industrial area. Behind that is a cargo dock area.


A Normal Street in Singapore


Landscape Crew
They have these guys all over the place keeping the City beautiful.


Condos Near River Valley Road
Normal condos in a nice area of Singapore with a school? in front.


That's all the pics I can stand to show anyone. We're working on taking more "walking around" pictures so hopefully there are more to come. Next post, I'll write a little about living in our deluxe apartment in the sky and post some pics of the area where we live.

We miss everyone at home and love you!
I'll leave you with the cutest picture ever taken...

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you are such a bad photographer. Those were pretty good pics. Quit putting yourself down. It does appear to be the cleanest city in the world. Molly looks cute too.

    Love you
    Granny

    ReplyDelete