Sunday, November 16, 2008

Getting Here

I've been having trouble getting the blog up and running. Something to do with the special domain name I've set up. Anyway, I wanted to give a little bit of info about how the trip was getting here...

First, it was very difficult leaving my baby at home, and also David. Seriously, leaving home was exciting but very hard, since David won't be joining me until late Nov., and Molly not until maybe January. However, my first trip in business class made the whole situation a little easier to handle. I mean just look at the legroom!



Here's all my stuff on the plane. I felt like I was in my living room.



The trip took me from Houston to Narita, Tokyo, then from Tokyo to Changi Airport in Singapore. The first leg was 14 hours, the second leg was 7.5 hours. The food was great, seats were great, although not quite as good as David's seats will be on his trip from here to London in Dec on the new Airbus A380. Take a look at them here. During the trip from Tokyo to here, I slept the entire way, missing the gourmet dinner of ribs and chicken. Oh well, I think it really helped stave off the jet lag.

When I arrived at the airport, getting my luggage and through customs was incredibly easy. I got a stamp on my new passport, and I started out my time in Singapore without incident. There was a driver waiting for me with a little sign with my name on it. First time ever! I'll follow up with a post on the serviced apartment I'm staying in here.

Thanks for tuning in!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jacque and Happy New Year to you guys!

    From all of us here in Weimar,Tx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacque', I heard you have been sick. Hope you are much better by now. We need to see some new posts on your blog. How does it feel to have real furniture again? I'll bet your bed feels really good. Get well fast.

    Love you, Granny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Wicker! Tom and Cindy C. here. How's it going? Am I blogging yet?

    ReplyDelete